The following six (6) Customer Care Centres are open to the public from 8:00 to 15:30, as from Wednesday 14 July 2021:-
- Mafana Sekhaya Gqobose (old City TREASURER). Govan Mbeki Avenue, Central, Port Elizabeth
- Korsten office, Abette Street, Korsten (at Traffic Department & Library opposite Livingstone hospital)
- Uitenhage office, Uitenhage City Hall
- Thusong Centre Motherwell, corner Maku Road and Tyirirha Street, NU4B
- New Brighton, Ntshekisa Road
- Kwanobuhle, Pono Tini Road, next to Fire Station
The following services are offered at these centres:
No manual meter readings can be accepted, and readings must be submitted by way of an automated facility.
Please note that the account must already be registered to submit readings by way of any of the following automated platforms: -
1. Download the NMBM Mobile Application from Google Play or App Store onto your cell phone and register on the App. A pin number will be sent to you by SMS and the relevant pin can be used to submit readings via your cell phone.
2. NMBM website: Go to Account Services (IVR) under the e-services tab. A pin number will be sent to you by SMS, which can be utilised to submit readings on your cell phone or on the website
3. Telephonically: Please dial ?041-506 5528 and use your pin to submit your reading/s on the automated menu by using the same pin as indicated above.
4. Once registered, a monthly SMS will be sent requesting the reading within 5 days from receiving the SMS. Do not submit the reading before the SMS is received or the reading will not be processed.
Please use WireIt and IVR to purchase prepaid electricity from your cell phone or request a statement to be emailed to you.
|Click on the image to view the brochure||Click on the image to view the brochure||Click on the image to view the brochure|
Replies sent from Monday to Friday, 8:00-16:30
We will attempt to reply to your query within 10 working days.
For tracking purposes, you will receive a written confirmation within 10 working days, informing you of the status of the query.
Kindly note that the Customer Care Section of the Budget and Treasury Directorate only attends to municipal account-related queries, but all non-account-related queries will however be forwarded to the relevant Service Directorate for attention. This could potentially result in feedback being delayed.
Monday to Friday 8:00 - 16:30
Register for the online IVR Account Application
IVR Account Application queries:
NMBM Mobile APP Assistance:
Submit meter reading:
Submit proof of payment:
Residential Account Queries:
Business Account Queries:
PHONE SERVICES OFFERED:Monday to Friday 08:00 – 15:30
Municipal Account Queries Helpline
Tel 041-506 5555
Municipal Account Queries Fax:
Pre-paid electricity purchases:
Voluntary meter readings:
Copy of latest statements:
Change of postal address:
Service Delivery Call Centre:
Fraud and Corruption Helpline:
SERVICE DELIVERY CENTRE & FAULTY WATER METERS
24/7 Toll Free :Tel: 0800 20 50 50
Email to: email@example.com
ELECTRICITY FAULTS / QUERIES
Monday to Friday 8:00 - 20:00
Tel: 041 506 5595
UNBLOCKING / RECONNECTING OF METERS
Tel: 041 506 5555 and Fax your receipt to:
Monday - Friday: 16:00 - 20:00
Saturday 8:00 - 18:00
Sunday 8:00 - 18:00