Nelson Mandela Bay residents, who would like the excitement of being actively involved in the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, can now grab the opportunity to register with both hands at a venue close to them.
Next year more than 15 000 volunteers from South Africa, Africa and the rest of the world will be essential to deliver a successful World Cup. Approximately 2 000 volunteers will be deployed in Nelson Mandela Bay.
The following registration points are currently available between 08:00 and 18:00:
KwaNobuhle Library (Matanzima Road),
Elukhanyisweni Library (Ponana Tini Road, Uitenhage),
Kabah Langa Community Hall,
Uitenhage Town Library,
Booysens Park Library,
KwaZakhele Library (Enkuthazweni),
Linton Grange Library,
Newton Park Library,
New Brighton Library (Nangoza Jebe Community Hall),
North End Library,
Walmer Town Hall,
West End Library,
George Botha Community Centre,
Motherwell NU30 Community Hall,
Kuyga Community Hall,
Colchester Community Hall,
Algoa Park Library,
Seaview Community Hall,
Njoli Square (Mobile Unit), and;
Umsobomvu Youth Fund (Mobile Unit) roving in Motherwell, Rocklands and St Albans.
Please take note that residents who wish to be volunteers must comply with the following criteria:
• Be 18 years or older before or by 1 March 2010,
• Be able to communicate in English,
• Be available to attend the interview at the Volunteer Centre at Kwantu Towers,
• Be available to attend the prescribed volunteer training,
• Have a valid South African Identity Document; or
• Have a valid Passport as well as a permit to serve as a Volunteer in South Africa from the Department of Home Affairs.
Prospective applicants who require more information can contact Mr Vuyisile "Toto" Koom at 041 503 7553 or 071 675 9332.
Issued on behalf of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality by Media Management Officer Kupido Baron (082 780 2726/041 502 0000).